is upon us and what better way to celebrate than with friends and festive food? Check out this easy recipe.
Red, White and Blue Salad
Pick up any of these ingredients at your local market, such as or .
- Greens: Amount depends on number of guests (spinach or romaine or whatever other type of greens you desire).
- Blueberries: 6 ounces more or less depending on your taste and how many people you are serving.
- Strawberries: one 1-pound container sliced.
- Raspberries: 6 ounces You can use these instead of the strawberries, vice versa or use both.
- White cheese: Shredded or crumbled. Crumbled feta or goat cheese work well. You could also go with crumbled blue cheese or shredded parmesan if guests want a stronger cheese; you may want to serve cheese on the side in case guests may have dairy allergies.
- Dressing: To taste. A lighter type like a raspberry vinaigrette or a balsamic vinaigrette complements the salad ingredients.
Place ingredients in a large bowl and toss. Sprinkle some of the fruit (and cheese if you wish) on top so guests can see the red, white and blue in the salad. Enjoy!