Arguably the most conspicuous production that filmed recently in South Pasadena was HBO's Newsroom, when production designers and set decorators Meridian Avenue and Mission Street into a small east coast town ready for a rally.
But the City of Trees last week also served as a backdrop for the TV show Ray Donovan, a Showtime drama starring Emmy- and Golden Globe Award nominee Liev Schreiber. The production filmed in the 500 block of Arroyo Drive on Feb. 20.
Five commercials also filmed in South Pasadena between Feb. 19 and Friday:
• NCAA, 90 block of Pasadena Avenue
• Lowe’s, 1100 block of Windsor
• AT&T, 900 block of Buena Vista and the 1500 block of Oxley
• Google, 400 block of Floral Park Terrace
• Brighthouse, 1700 block of Lyndon.