We’re in the midst of the holiday season, which, besides all the partying and good cheer, is marked by one thing: Gifts.
And where there are gifts, there are thieves, especially around this time of the year, according to the South Pasadena Police Department.
“We often see an increase during the holiday season,” says a communiqué issued by the department Thursday. “Thieves will simply walk up and take packages off the front porch.”
South Pasadena Police offer the following tips to safely receive any valuable packages you might be expecting during the holiday season :
· If your employer allows it, have packages delivered to your work.
· Consider having the delivery carrier hold the package at their local facility for pick-up.
· Pick-up packages left on your front porch promptly.
· If you must have the delivery shipped to your home and can’t be home to accept delivery, consider having a trusted neighbor pick-up the package.
· If possible, obtain a tracking number for the package, so you can track its progress.