The summary of crimes below, mostly from Jan. 8 through Jan. 14, is provided by the South Pasadena Police Department:
• Jan. 12, 3 p.m. to Jan. 13, 10 a.m., 1700 block of Mission. ’01, Honda Civic. Suspect(s) smashes window to gain entry. LOSS: Stereo.
• Jan. 14, 7:15 a.m. to 6 p.m., 300 block of Hawthorne. Suspect(s) gains entry through an opened window. LOSS: Coins and chocolates.
• Jan. 10, 10 p.m. to Jan. 13, 6:15 a.m., 1400 block of Marengo (Marengo School). Suspects enter unlocked classroom and take i-Pads. School officials later hear of suspects bragging about incident and are confronted. Suspects admit to incident and iPads are recovered. LOSS: I-pads. SUSPECT ARRESTED: (3) Male, Juveniles.
POSSESSION OF METHAMPHETAMINE PARAPHERNALIA
• Jan. 13, 11:29 p.m., 1100 block of Maple. Officers see suspect run from a carport and ride away on a bicycle. Suspect drops backpack and continues to ride away. Officers stop suspect who is found to be in possession of methamphetamine paraphernalia and a glass smoking pipe commonly used to smoke meth. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 34 years, Los Angeles.
• Jan. 14-, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., 1400 block of Bank. Suspect(s) enters victim’s front porch and cuts lock securing bicycle. LOSS: Bicycle.
• Jan. 14, 4:30 p.m., 1900 block of Alpha. Suspect drives up and takes mail from victim’s mailbox. Neighbor sees suspects committing mail theft (see next crime below). LOSS: Mail.
• Jan 14, 4:30 p.m., 1900 block of Alpha. Victim is standing on the driveway when suspect drives up and stops in front of victim’s mailbox. S2 (passenger) reaches out the door window and opens victim’s mailbox and takes loss. Victim yells at suspects and suspects drive away. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Full-size, White Ford Bronco. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 (driver) – Not seen. S2 (passenger) – Male, Hispanic, 20 years, light complexion, black hair, medium build, wearing white, or beige button shirt.
• Jan. 13, 4:20 p.m. to 4:35 p.m., 1000 block of Lohman Lane (Arroyo Seco Golf Course). Suspect(s) takes unattended item left in chipping area. LOSS: Golf club.
• Jan. 13, 12 noon to 2 p.m., 1800 block of Wayne. Suspect(s) takes mail from mailbox. Suspect(s) then dumps mail in a trash can of a residence in the 1900 block of Milan. LOSS: Mail.
• Jan. 12, 4 p.m., 600 block of Fair Oaks (Bristol Farms). S1 enters store and places groceries inside shopping cart. Employee later sees S1 loading groceries into a reusable shopping bag and exit store without paying for them. Employee chases after S1 and sees S1 entering a waiting vehicle driven by S2. LOSS: Groceries. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Black, Mazda Miata. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, White, 30 years, 6 feet, 200 pounds, wearing a brown long sleeve shirt and tan cargo pants. S2 – Female, White or Hispanic.
• Jan. 10, 11:30 a.m., 1300 block of Stratford. Suspect(s) calls victims and claims to be from the IRS. Suspect(s) claims victim owes money for unpaid taxes. Suspect(s) instructs victim to purchase money pack cards and victim complies. Suspect(s) then asks for additional funds and victim refuses.
• Jan. 9, 6:07 p.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect place liquor inside a backpack. Suspect then exits store without paying. Employee chases after suspect and suspect refuses to comply with employee. Suspect then runs away. LOSS: Liquor. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Black, 25-30 years, Afro hair style hair pulled back, wearing a gray sweater, dark pants and carrying a black backpack.
• Jan. 9, 5:22 p.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). S1 enters store and places items inside shopping cart, then exits store without paying for items. Witness sees S1 loading items into waiting vehicle driven by S2. Suspects then drive away. LOSS: Tide detergent boxes. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Blue Van. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 – Female, Hispanic, 40 years, 505, wearing black shirt, gray sweatshirt and blue jeans. S2 – Male, Black.
• Jan. 8, 1:46 p.m. to 1:50 p.m., 700 block of Orange Grove. Suspect (ex-husband) goes to victim’s residence and is met by witness (victim’s mother). Suspect pushes his way inside and is told to leave by witness and suspect. Suspect grabs cell phone from chair and exits residence. LOSS: Cell phone.
• Jan. 4, 1:55 p.m., 300 block of Grand. Suspects walk to victim’s front porch and take parcel package. Suspects open package and takes package, leaving empty shipping box, then walk away. Victim has surveillance video, which shows suspects. LOSS: Electric toothbrush. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, White or Hispanic, 25-30 years, medium build, shaved head, wearing a black jacket, dark pants and black shoes. S2 – Unknown sex, White, wearing black shorts and black socks. S3 – Unknown sex wearing dark pants.
• Jan. 1, 2 a.m. to Jan. 3, 10 p.m., 200 block of St. Albans. Victims have workers at house and victim later discovers items missing from bedroom. LOSS: Jewelry.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
• Dec. 7 to Jan. 10, 2000 block of Hanscom. Suspect(s) takes mail from victim’s mailbox, then forges victim’s signature and cashes forged checks.