The summary of crimes below, from Dec. 4 through Dec. 10, is provided by the South Pasadena Police Department:
RECOVERED STOLEN VEHICLE
• Dec. 5, 9:42 a.m., 1300 block of Huntington. ’95, Honda Civic. Officers locate vehicle parked in a fire lane. Vehicle is found to be stolen from Pasadena.
• Dec. 9, 11:15 p.m., 1900 block of Alpha (hot prowl). Victim was asleep on the second floor when victim heard noises coming from the first floor. The suspect fled the house as the victim called the police. A suspect was seen by a helicopter running away from the victim’s residence but lost sight of the suspect in the heavy bushes around the area. A box containing victim’s property was recovered, but some property may be still missing. The suspect had pried open a kitchen window to gain entry. LOSS: Costume jewelry.
• Dec. 8, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 300 block of Pasadena. Suspect(s) pries door knob, but fails to gain entry. LOSS: None.
• Dec. 7, 2:15 p.m., 5000 block of Collis. Victim was asleep when she heard knocking on the front door but did not answer it. Minutes later the victim heard noises from the kitchen. The victim walked to the kitchen area and saw the suspect half-way through the kitchen window. The suspect immediately fled out the window. A neighbor said that the male suspect had knocked on their door earlier asking for directions when the victim answered the door. LOSS: None. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Black, 18-20 years, 510, 190, wearing a dark blue hooded sweatshirt, dark blue nylon pants with two white stripes on the pant leg.
• Dec. 3, 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., 1600 block of Fremont (storage locker). Suspect(s) cuts padlock securing victim’s storage locker. LOSS: Tools.
MINOR IN POSSESSION OF TOBACCO PARAPHERNALIA
• Dec. 6, 6 p.m., 1300 block of Fair Oaks. Officer is on bicycle patrol and overhears suspect, who appears to be a juvenile, talk about smoking. Officer contacts suspect who is found to be in possession of tobacco paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Juvenile.
POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
• Dec. 7, 11:22 p.m., 1700 block of Garfield (Ralphs). Officers respond to a suspect trespassing inside the store. Officers contact employee who stated suspect is not to be on property because of prior thefts and pan handling. Officers contact suspect who is found to be in possession of methamphetamine. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 47 years, Alhambra.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
• Dec. 6, 7 p.m., 1000 block of El Centro (Ecco Hair Salon). Officers respond to a fight between two subjects. Officers locate suspect who is found to be intoxicated and under the influence of marijuana. Suspect is also found to be in possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 19 years, South Pasadena.
• Dec. 6, 8:46 a.m., 1700 block of Garfield (Ralphs). Officers respond to an intoxicated subject inside the market. Officers locate suspect who is found to be intoxicated and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 54 years, Alhambra.
• Dec. 10, 4:30 p.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store holding a handbag and shoulder bag. Suspect places cosmetics inside shoulder bag and exits store without paying for cosmetics. Suspect walks to Rite Aid (900 block of Fair Oaks, South Pasadena) and employee sees suspect acting suspiciously. Employee sees shoulder bag with cosmetics inside and asks suspect for a receipt. Suspect says items were not from Rite Aid and gives shoulder bag to employee. Suspect then exits store with hand bag. As suspect exits store with handbag, product alarm sensors activate. Suspect continues to exit store and walks away. Employee later discovers loss missing from Rite Aid and discovers cosmetics inside shoulder bag were from Vons. LOSS: Cosmetics. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 28-34 years, 507, 170, long blond hair, wearing a green jacket, gray/khaki pants and a beige canvas hat.
• Dec. 6, 6 p.m. to Dec. 8, 9:05 a.m., 1800 block of Hanscom. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s wall. LOSS: Mailbox.
• Dec. 7, 5:05 p.m. to Dec. 8, 7 a.m., 1500 block of Oak Meadow Lane. Suspect(s) takes parcel package from victim’s front porch and opens box. Suspect(s) leaves shipping box on street and takes loss. LOSS: Shirts.
• Dec. 7, 6:15 p.m. to 6:35 p.m., 300 block of Alta Vista. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s front lawn. LOSS: Reindeer Christmas decoration.
• Dec. 6, 2:38 p.m. to 3:38 p.m., 1200 block of Fair Oaks (Pavilions). Victim is waiting in check-out line and places loss on counter. Victim turns away for a minute and suspect(s) takes unattended loss. LOSS: Wallet.
• Nov. 24, 9 p.m. to Nov. 25, 9 a.m., 1700 block of Meridian. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Spare tire.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
• Dec. 3 to Dec. 5, 1700 block of Raymond Hill. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s debit card and makes an unauthorized purchase.
• Dec. 2, 600 block of Orange Grove. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s checking account and makes an unauthorized purchase.
• Nov. 27 to Dec. 2, 1200 block of Chelton Way. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s email address and requests to make a wire transfer from victim’s bank account. Victim is alerted to transfer and is transfer is stopped.
• Dec. 4, 7 a.m. to 9:50 a.m,, 400 block of El Centro. Suspect(s) smashes victim’s vehicle window and deflates a tire.