The crime summary below is provided by the South Pasadena Police Department:
• Sept. 10, 9:40 a.m. to 10:40 a.m., 1500 block of Stratford. Victim returns home and hears noises from second floor. Victim goes upstairs and sees second floor window open. Victim looks out window but does not see suspect(s). Victim discovers suspect(s) forced French doors open to gain entry. LOSS: Unknown.
• Sept. 6, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 100 block of Monterey. Suspect(s) smashes window to gain entry and ransacks house. Suspect(s) uses victim’s ATM card and makes three unauthorized withdrawals in Alhambra and El Sereno. LOSS: Two computers (desktop computer and Mac), passport and Wells Fargo ATM card. SUSPECT'S DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, 20-30 years, pot bellied, wearing a gray t-shirt, camouflage color baseball type hat, silver watch on left hand and sunglasses. See attached PDF file for suspect's photograph. Anyone with information about the suspect should call South Pasadena Police Department detectives at (626) 403-7280.
Sept. 8, 9:41 p.m., 2000 block of Huntington (Ocean Liquor). Suspects enter store and one of them runs out of store without paying for liquor, followed by the other suspect. Employee runs and stops in front of the first suspect, preventing the suspect from leaving the store. The suspect hits employee in the face and exits store with the liquor. LOSS: Liquor. SUSPECTS' DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, Hispanic, teens, wearing a black baseball cap, dark grey t-shirt, black shorts, black socks, black shoes with white trim. S2 – Male, Hispanic, teens, mustache, wearing a black t-shirt, blue shorts with white stripes on the sides, black socks, dark colored shoes and a green baseball cap.
• Sept. 5, 11:30 a.m, 1900 block of La Fremontia. Victim (mother) and witness (son) are related, and the suspect is a friend of the witness. Suspect drives to the residence of the witness and waits for the witness. Victim and witness are exiting their house when witness runs to suspect, who is parked down the street. Witness enters suspect’s vehicle as victim drives down and parks in front of suspect’s vehicle, then exits. Victim stands in front of suspect’s vehicle and suspect drives forward, bumping into victim. Suspect and witness then drive away. Suspect and witness are later found and suspect is arrested. Suspect is also found to be in possession of methamphetamine. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Juvenile.
MINOR POSSESSING TOBACCO/NIGHTTIME LOITERING
Sept. 8, 12:32 a.m., 1100 block of Huntington. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to have a provisional license. Suspect has four juveniles as passengers in the vehicle. Suspect is also found to be in possession of tobacco products. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: Male, Juvenile. Other juveniles are arrested for nighttime loitering.
• Sept. 10, 7:15 a.m to 7:30 a.m, 1200 block of Lyndon. Suspect(s) enters carport area and takes unsecured bicycle. Witness sees suspect exiting carport area while pushing the bicycle. Witness believes suspect may have stolen the bicycle and contacts the victim, who confirms the theft. LOSS: Bicycle. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, White, 50 years, 504, 200, brown hair, mustache, wearing blue jeans and sandals.
• Sept. 9, 12 noon to 1:22 p.m., 1600 block of Garfield (YMCA). Suspect(s) cuts lock securing a bicycle to a rack, and takes bicycle. LOSS: Bicycle.
• Sept. 9, 10:10 a.m., 1200 block of Fair Oaks (Pavilions). Victim places purse in baby seat portion of shopping cart and shops inside store. First suspect distracts victim away from purse as second suspect takes a wallet from victim’s purse. Victim later discovers purse missing. LOSS: Wallet. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, Black, 21-25 years, 508, slim build, black curly hair, wearing a black sweater with white a t-shirts and black pants. S2 – Male, White, 21-25 years, 508, slim build, blond hair.
• Sept. 9, 6:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m., 1800 block of Ramona. Suspect(s) enters carport area and cuts lock securing bicycle to rack, then takes bicycle. A witness possibly sees suspect throwing victim’s bicycle over a wall, followed by suspect climbing over wall. LOSS: Two bicycles. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, 506, 170.
• Sept. 9, 4:10 p.m., 1000 block of Mission. Suspect(s) cuts lock securing bicycle to staircase. LOSS: Bicycle.
• Sept. 5, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., 300 block of Pasadena. Victim rents a room and leaves room door unlocked. Suspect(s) enter unlocked room and takes prescription medication. LOSS: Prescription medication.
• Aug. 31 to Sept. 2, 700 block of Orange Grove Terrace. Suspect(s) enters construction site and takes air compressor. LOSS: Air compressor.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD/CHECK FRAUD
• Aug. 14 to Sept. 10, 1300 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) obtains victim’s checking account information and forges victim’s check, then cashes it.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
• Sept. 4, 2:47 a.m., Meridian/Mission. Officers see suspect staggering in the street and contact suspect. Suspect is found to be intoxicated and unable to care for himself. Suspect is found to be in possession of burglary tools and also gives a false name to officers. Suspect’s true name is later discovered. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 50 years, Oxnard.