The crime summary below is provided by the South Pasadena Police Department:
• Sept. 24, 10:30 p.m. to Sept. 25, 10:30 a.m, 1100 block of Huntington. ’01, Chevy Tahoe.
• Sept. 24, 10 p.m. to Sept. 25, 6:45 a.m., 2000 block of Alpha. ’86, Honda Civic.
• Sept. 30, 3:48 a.m., 200 block of Mockingbird. ’06, Toyota SUV. Witness hears noises in carport area and sees suspect holding a flashlight. Witness takes a flashlight and shines it towards suspect and suspect flees. Officers arrive and discover suspect smashed window to victim’s vehicle. Loss: None.
• Sept. 28, 11:35 a.m. to 12:05 p.m., 1000 block of Lohman Lane. ’14, Porsche Cayenne. Suspect(s) smashes window to gain entry and takes loss. Suspect(s) immediately uses victim’s credit card and makes several unauthorized charges. Loss: Purse.
• Sept. 27, 4:30 p.m. to Sept. 29, 6:33 p.m., 1700 block of State. ’00, Plymouth Neon. Suspect(s) reaches inside partially opened window and unlocks door to gain entry. Loss: Bag, I-pods, power cord, vehicle registration and miscellaneous papers.
• Oct. 1, 9:31 p.m., 1900 block of Hanscom. Victim’s residence is under construction and witness hears noises coming from the construction site. Witness sees S1 in construction site and sees S2 sitting in waiting vehicle, which is parked in front of victim’s residence. Witness calls police, but suspects leaves before officers arrive. Loss: Unknown. Suspect Vehicle: Silver, ’04, GMC pick-up. Suspects' Description: S1 – Male, Hispanic, 30 years, medium build, wearing baseball cap or beanie, dark gray Dickies type pants, unknown color shirt. S2 – Male, Hispanic.
• Sept. 27, 4 p.m. to Sept. 28, 8 a.m., 600 block of Monterey (attempt). Suspect(s) attempts to pry security screen door open, but fail to gain entry. Loss: None.
• Sept. 26, 8:20 a.m., 700 block of Orange Grove. Witness hears noises outside of apartment complex front gate. Witness sees S1 grab an unknown object from a waiting vehicle and walk to the front gate. Witness goes to courtyard area and exits building, and sees S1 in waiting vehicle with S2. Suspects then drive away. Witness discovers lock securing loss to victim’s bicycle was cut and calls police. Victim discovers loss missing. Loss: Bicycle. Suspects' Vehicle: Silver, ‘90’s, Acura. Suspects' Description: S1 – Male, Hispanic, short hair, wearing blue or black long sleeve flannel sweater, blue or black shorts with long black socks. S2 – Male, Hispanic, shaved head, wearing black sunglasses.
• Sept. 4, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., 1700 block of Bushnell. Suspect(s) enters victim’s garage by unknown means and takes loss. Loss: Bicycle.
POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
Oct. 1, 1:52 a.m., Arroyo Verde/Pasadena. Suspect is riding a bicycle and stopped for a traffic violation. Suspect is found to have an outstanding warrant and also found to be in possession of narcotic paraphernalia and a controlled substance. Suspect Arrested: Male, White, 58 years, Los Angeles.
• Sept. 26, 9:31 p.m., Meridian/Mission. Suspect is involved in a non-injury traffic collision and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. Suspect Arrested: Male, Hispanic, 34 years, Los Angeles.
• Sept. 25, 12:47 a.m., Monterey/Marengo. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. Suspect Arrested: Male, White, 32 years, San Marino.
Oct. 1, 12:25 p.m., 1700 block of Garfield (Ralphs). Suspect enters store several times and solicits money from customers. Employees asks suspect to leave each time, but suspect continues to return. Suspect Arrested: Male, White, 59 years, Los Angeles.
• Sept. 30, 6:45 p.m. to 7 p.m., 600 block of Mission (Trader Joe’s). Victim leaves loss in restroom. Suspect(s) enters restroom and takes unattended item. Victim returns and discovers loss missing. Loss: Cell phone.
• Sept. 25, 3 p.m. to 3:15 p.m., 1000 block of Mission. Suspect(s) takes loss from counter of business. Suspect(s) immediately makes an unauthorized charge on victim’s credit card. Loss: Wallet.
• Sept. 17, midnight to 10:30 a.m., 600 block of Prospect. Suspect(s) takes loss from victim’s vehicle. Loss: License plates.
• Sept. 11, 5 p.m., 1800 block of State. Suspect(s) cuts lock securing loss to bike rack. Loss: Bicycle.
• Sept. 4, 4:45 p.m. to Sept. 5, 4:45 p.m., 900 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) opens newspaper rack and takes loss. Loss: Newspapers.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
• Aug. 26 to Sept. 23, 400 block of Mission. Suspect(s) obtains victim’s mail by unknown means and alters a check. Suspect(s) later cashes altered check.
• Sept. 21, 1200 block of Lyndon. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s debit card and makes two unauthorized purchases.
• Unknown date to Sept. 14, 800 block of Meridian. Suspect(s) uses victim’s social security number for employment.
• Sept. 5, 1400 block of Mission. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s email account and attempts to wire funds out of victim’s account.