The summary of crimes below, mostly from Jan. 15 through Jan. 21, is provided by the South Pasadena Police Department:
RECOVERED STOLEN VEHICLE
• Jan. 15, 5:35 p.m., 900 block of Oliver. ’12, Toyota Corolla. Vehicle is found parked on the street and discovered to be stolen from Pasadena on Jan. 1.
• Jan. 21, 2 p.m. to 3:15 p.m., 1800 block of Ramona. Suspect(s) finds hidden key to gain entry. LOSS: (2) computers and I-pad.
• Jan. 17, 9 p.m. to Jan. 18, 5 a.m., 1100 block of Huntington (garage). Suspect(s) enters garage through an opened door and takes loss. LOSS: Musical instruments and golf clubs.
• Jan. 16, 12 noon to 8:30 p.m., 300 block of Grace. Suspect(s) pries open rear sliding door to gain entry. LOSS: I-pad.
• Jan. 15, 2:15 p.m., 100 block of Monterey (hot prowl). S1 enters through an unlocked sliding door as S2 is sitting in a waiting vehicle in the driveway of victim’s residence. Victim returns home and sees S2 sitting in vehicle with garage door opened. Victim believes he left garage door open and sees S1 exit garage holding victim’s TV. S1 sees victim and drops TV, then runs back into victim’s residence. Victim confronts S2 and attempts to take keys out of the ignition. S1 again exits victim’s residence and victim grabs a wrench for self-defense. S1 runs to waiting vehicle and drives away as victim smashes rear tail lights with wrench. LOSS: Tools, I-pad and jewelry. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Black, Nissan Sentra. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: S1 – Male, Hispanic, 20 years, short black hair, 503, 130, wearing a light blue shirt, black pants. S2 – Female, Hispanic, 20 years, shoulder length black hair, 505, 130-140, acne scars on face wearing light cream colored shirt, black pants and black knee high boots.
• Jan. 5 to Jan. 7, 500 block of Garfield. Victim leaves loss in room as workers are inside house. Victim later discovers property missing. LOSS: I-pad.
POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA
• Jan. 17, 8:20 p.m., 900 block of Mission. Suspect is illegally parked, blocking an alley and is contacted by officer. While speaking to suspect, officers smells marijuana emitting from suspect and vehicle. Suspect is found to be in possession of marijuana. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 18 years, Highland.
• Jan. 18, 5:10 p.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and places loss inside shopping bag. Employee sees suspect walking around store with loss inside bag. Employee calls police as suspect exits store without paying for loss. Officers locate suspect with unpaid loss in possession. LOSS: Baby formula. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 35 years, North Hollywood.
• Jan. 18, 3:35 p.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspects enter store holding a baby car seat. Suspects place loss inside baby car seat and exits store without paying for loss. Employee later discovers loss missing from shelves and reviews surveillance video, which shows suspects committing theft. LOSS: Baby formula. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 – Female, Hispanic, 25-30 years, 600, 200, wearing a baseball cap, white t-shirt and dark colored pants, carrying a baby car seat. S2 – Female, Hispanic, 25-30 years, long brown hair, wearing green long sleeve top and dark pants.
• Jan. 15, 12:20 p.m., 1500 block of Mission (Fair Oaks Pharmacy). Suspect enters store and places loss inside purse, then exits store without paying for loss. LOSS: Ointments and body wash. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Female, Hispanic, 64 years, 505, 125.
• Jan. 11, 10:30 a.m., 400 block of Fair Oaks (Starbucks). Suspect enters store and witness sees suspect take loss, then exit store without paying for loss. LOSS: Coffee maker. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Possibly a black, Toyota Prius. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, 5’11”, 180 pounds, wearing blue jeans and a blue and white shirt.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
• Jan. 16, 3:21 a.m., 1000 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect is walking on the street when officer contacts suspect. Suspect is found to be in possession of a forged driver’s license. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 22 years, South Pasadena.
• Jan. 15, 6 p.m., 1000 block of Fair Oaks (Wells Fargo Bank). S1 and S3 enter bank, as S2 waits outside in a waiting vehicle. S1 and S3 attempt to cash a forged check and employee calls police. Officers arrive and S1 exits bank as S3 is contacted inside bank. S1 runs to and enters waiting vehicle as S2 attempts to drive away. Officers surround S1 and S2 and taken into custody. S2 is found to be in possession of methamphetamine and a felon in possession of ammunition. SUSPECTS ARRESTED: S1 – Female, Hispanic, 24 years, Los Angeles. S2 – Male, Hispanic, 32 years, Los Angeles. S3 – Female, Hispanic, 30 years, Los Angeles.
• Nov. 18 to Nov. 27, 2013, 1400 block of Huntington. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s credit card account and makes an unauthorized charge.
• Jan. 16, 3 p.m. to Jan. 17, 10 a.m., 700 block of Orange Grove. Suspect(s) damages front lobby intercom system.