The crime summary below, for Aug. 21 through Aug. 27, is provided by the South Pasadena Police Department:
• Aug. 21, 9 a.m. to Aug. 27, 6:55 a.m., 300 block of Raymondale (storage locker). Suspect(s) pries padlock off to gain entry. LOSS: Notebooks.
• Aug. 22, 10:35 a.m. to 10:51 a.m., 800 block of Stratford. Victim # 1 exits house and leaves door unlocked as Victim #2 is inside of house. Suspect(s) rings doorbell and enters through unlocked door. Suspect(s) takes loss (cash, laptop computer and car keys) and exits house. Suspect(s) takes Victim #1’s vehicle and drives away. The vehicle is recovered in Huntington Park on Aug. 23. LOSS: Cash, laptop computer, keys and ’09, Toyota Highlander.
• Aug. 27, 8:45 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2000 block of Meridian. Victim (mother) kicks suspect (son) out of house. Suspect later returns and pries window open to gain entry to retrieve belongings.
• Aug. 22, 1:50 a.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks (South Pasadena Eye Care). Suspects smash rear glass door to gain entry and takes loss. Surveillance video captures suspect committing crime. LOSS: Eyeglass frames. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: Suspect #1– Male, Asian, 25-35 years, short dark hair, thin build, wearing dust mask, gloves, eye glasses, light colored shirt and pants. Suspect #2 – Male, Hispanic, 25-35 years, short dark hair, thin build, wearing dust mask, gloves, eye glasses, light colored shirt and pants.
RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY/ POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
• Aug. 23, 11 a.m., 1200 block of Stratford. Officers respond to an occupied suspicious vehicle parked on the street for an extended period of time. Officers locate vehicle and contact suspect, who is found to be in possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia and a stolen driver’s license. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 23 years, Northridge.
POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA
• Aug. 27, 10:30 a.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks. Witness sees suspect inside a parked vehicle acting suspiciously and calls police. Officers arrive and contact suspect, who is found to be in possession of marijuana. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 20 years, Los Angeles.
• Aug. 27, 3:44 a.m., Fair Oaks/Hope. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and refuses to cooperate with a DUI investigation. Suspect resists arrest while being taken into custody. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 28 years, Covina.
19, 1 a.m. to Aug. 20, 4 p.m., 1600 block of Amberwood. Suspect(s) takes loss
from victim’s unlocked vehicle. LOSS: Backpack.
• Aug. 20, 10 p.m. to Aug. 21, 9 a.m., 500 block of Sterling. Suspect(s) reaches through victim’s partially opened car window and takes loss. LOSS: Camera and camera bag.
• Aug. 5 to Aug. 23, 1500 block of Garfield (Oneonta Church). Suspect(s) gains entry into youth room by unknown means. LOSS: Laptop and a projector.
• Aug. 26, 5:45 p.m., 600 block of Fair Oaks (Bristol Farms). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect hide loss inside a bag. Suspect attempts to exit store without paying for loss and is confronted by employee. Employee recovers loss and suspect leaves. Officers respond and locate suspect a block away. LOSS: Liquor (recovered). SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 29 years, Altadena.
IDENTITY THEFT / CREDIT CARD / CHECK FRAUD
• May 1995 to Aug. 21, 300 block of Grand. Suspect(s) uses victim’s personal information to obtain a mortgage and an auto loan.
• March to Aug. 23, 700 block of Brent. Suspect(s) uses victim’s personal information and opens a credit card account.
• July 22 to Aug. 23, 1300 block of Marengo. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s mail and alters victim’s check. Suspect(s) then cashes altered check.
date/time to Aug. 26, 1700 block of Laurel. Suspect(s) uses victim’s personal
information and opens a credit card account.
• Aug. 24, 7 p.m. to 1 a.m., 400 block of Fair Oaks. Two suspects arrested for driving under the influence, four suspects arrested for driving without a license and two arrested for driving on a suspended license.
• Aug. 21, 7 p.m. to Aug. 22, 7:45 a.m., 1600 block of Amberwood. Suspect(s) scratches victim’s vehicle.
• Aug. 26, 2:25 a.m. to 2:30 a.m., 1600 block of Camden Parkway. Suspect(s) throws eggs at victim’s residence.