The crime summary below is provided by the South Pasadena Police Department:
RECOVERED STOLEN VEHICLE
• Aug. 30, 12 noon, 300 block of Monterey. 1990 Toyota Camry. Officer sees vehicle parked on the street, and discovers it was stolen from Pasadena.
• Aug. 31, 7:30 p.m. to Sept. 1, 6:40 p.m. 1600 block of Amberwood. 2005 Nissan 350Z.
• Aug. 28, 6 p.m. to Aug. 29, 8 a.m. Storage shed on 600 block of Grand. Suspect(s) cuts lock to gain entry and takes loss. LOSS: Ice chests, golf clubs and water fountain.
• Aug. 29, 9:20 p.m., El Centro/Diamond. Victims are walking on the sidewalk when suspects approach from behind. One of the suspects grabs purse from one of the victims (Victim #1), which pulls the victim to the ground. The other suspect (Suspect #2) then demands wallet from the other victim. Meanwhile, the first victim who was attacked pulls out a pocket knife in self defense, while Suspect #2 pulls out a gun pointing it at him. Victim #1 complies and gives wallet to Suspect #2. Suspects then run away to a waiting vehicle. LOSS: Wallet and purse. WEAPON USED: Black, semi-auto pistol. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Black colored sedan, possibly a BMW. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: Suspect #1 – Male, Hispanic, 20 years, 506, 180, medium build, light beard, wearing dark colored hooded sweatshirt. Suspect #2 – Male, Hispanic, 20 years, 506, thin build, wearing unknown clothing.
• Sept. 1, 8 a.m., Arroyo Wash. Victim is walking in the wash area, when unknown suspect(s) throws an object, hitting victim in the head.
• Aug. 30, 3:30 p.m., 900 block of Mission (South Pasadena Convalescent Hospital). Suspect and victim are patients, and get into an argument. Victim walks away and suspect follows in a wheelchair. Suspect runs into victim with wheelchair.
BRANDISHING DEADLY WEAPON
• Aug. 29, 12:30 p.m., Marengo/Spruce. Victim and witness are involved in a road rage incident. Witness drives around, with victim following. Suspect drives next to witness and witness talks to suspect. Suspect then brandishes a pistol out the window towards victim. Victim then drives away. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Red, pick-up truck. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, 37-42 years, 280-300 pounds, bald, thick dark mustache.
• Aug. 29, 7:33 p.m., 1000 block of Mission (Menchies). Suspect enters store and self-serves himself loss. Suspect then exits store without paying for loss. LOSS: Yogurt. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, 25-30 years, 505, 165, black hair, wearing a gray shirt, gray pants and black hat.
• Aug. 29, 12:01 am. to 5 a.m., 900 block of Mission (South Pasadena Convalescent Hospital). Suspect(s) takes unattended loss as victim is asleep. LOSS: Wallet.
• Aug. 27, 8 p.m. to Aug. 28, 6:15 p.m., 1100 block of Mound. Suspect(s) enters back yard of victim’s residence and cuts the lock of a stolen item securing it to a post. LOSS: Bicycle.
• May 29 to Aug. 22, 2100 block of Hanscom. Suspect(s) enters construction site on several occasions and takes tools. Suspect(s) also removes oil from a tractor. LOSS: Tools.
• Aug. 20, 10 p.m. to Aug. 21, 2:30 p.m., 900 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) takes items from newspaper rack. LOSS: Newspapers.
• Aug. 19, 1:35 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 1800 block of Foothill. Suspect(s) takes an item from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
• Aug. 12, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 1800 block of Foothill. Suspect(s) takes item from victim’s front porch. LOSS: Parcel package.
• July-14, 6:10 a.m. to 6:10 p.m., 2100 block of Hanscom. Suspect(s) cuts fence securing construction site to gain entry and takes item that is mounted on a pole. LOSS: Surveillance camera.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD/CHECK FRAUD
• July 31, 4 p.m., 1500 block of Mission (Rachelle Hair Salon). Suspect enters store and receives a haircut. Suspect then purchases hair care products and writes a check for service and products. Victim later discovers check is fictitious.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
• Sept. 3, 4:37 a.m., 800 block of Garfield. Officers contact suspect lying on victim’s front lawn. Suspect is found to have an outstanding warrant and is also intoxicated and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 50 years, South Pasadena.
• Aug. 31, 10:15 p.m., 1500 block of Mission. Officers see suspect lying on the sidewalk and discover suspect is intoxicated and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Asian, 57 years, Los Angeles.
• Sept. 2, 2:20 a.m., Monterey/Via Del Rey. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 23 years, Los Angeles.
• Sept. 2, 1:08 a.m., 1600 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 26 years, San Bernardino.
• Aug. 31, 2 a.m., Garfield/Huntington. Suspect is involved in a traffic collision and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Asian, 30 years, Monrovia.
DISTURBING THE PEACE
• Sept. 2, 10:45 p.m., 600 block of Prospect. Suspect and victim are neighbors. Suspect makes loud noises disturbing victim’s peace. Victim makes a private person’s arrest on suspect.
• Aug. 31, 10:50 p.m., 2000 block of Meridian. Suspect (boyfriend) and victim (girlfriend) are no longer in a relationship. Suspect comes to victim’s residence and damages victim’s furniture.
• Aug. 26 to Aug. 29, 1300 block of Via Del Rey. Suspect(s) sprays graffiti on police radar trailer.