It's almost time for South Pasadena's most talked-about event of the year: The Festival of Balloons Parade. But that's not where the festivities end. Here's the Fourth of July run-down:
- Festivities will begin at 7:00 a.m. at the with a pancake breakfast put on by the Kiwanis Club (7 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.; $7 each; kids 6 and under free).
- Next are Opening Ceremonies at 10:30 a.m. in the. (That's when will be recognized.)
- The parade begins at 11:00 a.m. at the corner of Diamond Avenue and Mission Street; it will proceed east on Mission Street to .
- After the parade, festivities will continue at : games for kids, square dancing for all, inflatable toys to play on for a price and food for sale by local community groups.
- The Fastest Greenest Mile will begin at 5:00 p.m (There's almost $3,000 in prize money for the Greenest Fastest Runner!)
- The stadium gates will open at 4:30 p.m. to allow spectators to see the end of the race and get ready for the fireworks show. (Keep in mind, all chairs must be track-friendly; this means no sharp chair legs.)
- Outside the stadium there will be food for sale. Inside will be music, dancing, games and a special surprise. (Any idea what it is?)
- The fireworks show by Pyro Spectaculars will begin at 9:00 p.m. (Presale tickets for the fireworks show are $7.00. You can purchase them at the same locations where Pancake Breakfast Tickets are available: ,, , , , , , , , and )
Can't wait? Check out our photos from previous festivities.