Parti Gras, annual fundraising event, returns from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. Saturday at the .
If you haven't already reserved tickets, Parti Gras auction co-chair Julie Pearson offers 11 highlights that will make Havana Nights unforgettable.
1. All proceeds support . Most of us moved here for the schools. SPEF puts our community's commitment to education into action. All proceeds from Parti Gras go to our kids and our classrooms.
2. Get out on the town. After a busy school year, you deserve a night out. Invite along friends, share a sitter and join over 800 of your neighbors for the most incredible party of the year.
3. Sensational live auction prize packages. As long as we're supporting our schools, why not enjoy a vacation getaway, A-list concert or adorable shitzu puppy? The bidding will be fast and furious.
4. $100 "Auction Choice" raffle. Buy a raffle ring before the Live Auction bidding starts. If your number is chosen, you'll get your choice of any live auction prize. So a $100 donation could win you a beach front vacation, Vegas getaway, Madonna tickets, or more.
5. Hundreds of silent auction choices. A great way to shop for dads and grads or pick up sports tickets, experiences for the family or something for yourself like a round of golf, a salon services or fun gift baskets... and all purchases support South Pas schools.
6. Sensational dining. Free with admission, choose from a wide selection of your favorite local dining and dessert choices. In addition to Cuban specialties provided by , you can enjoy offerings from , , and many more.
7. Unlimited open bar. Sample this year's signature tropical concoction or enjoy beer, wine, soft drinks and your favorite cocktails. Be sure to designate a driver, or we'll gladly call you a cab.
8. Dress Havana style—or come as you are. Last year's brought out shimmering saris and natty nehrus. For Havana Nights, will you go glamorous in a sheath, tropically sultry or opt for a '50s full-skirted dress? A narrow necktie and jacket, or guyabera and trousers. For fashionista inspiration, check out SPEF’s newsletter or SPEF’s Facebook page HERE.
9. Dance to a live DJ. Get out on the dance floor with your spouse, neighbor or a stranger and rock, samba and cha-cha the night away.
10. The $1000 putting competition. Try your hand on the green, and you could be going home with some. This Parti Gras favorite returns.
11. El Presidente Cigar Lounge. Savor this Havana Night in true Cuban style as we linger over top-shelf rum selections while enjoying a time-honored Caribbean pastime.
To buy your Parti Gras tickets, return your invitation RSVP, or go online to SPEF.com. You can also reserve tickets online HERE.
Hope to see you there.
Patch Asks: Have you been to Parti Gras? What are you looking most forward to Saturday?